A dynamic and passionate multimedia journalist with over five years of experience in producing, writing and editing for broadcast media and websites. Creative, organized, flexible and results- driven with diverse background in various media platforms. Editorially mature with solid knowledge of national, international, entertainment and sports news. A team player who is attentive to detail and produces quality content. Able to multitask effectively and prioritize daily responsibilities efficiently.
CNN/U.S.(Atlanta, GA) — 2007 to Present
CNN/U.S. is the leading 24-hour news and information cable television network and the flagship of all CNN news brands. CNN/U.S. provides live coverage and analysis of breaking news, as well as a full range of business, weather, entertainment, health and science news programs and topical in-depth interviews. CNN has 45 editorial operations around the world and around 4,000 employees worldwide.
Associate Producer, CNN Newsroom — 2008 to Present
Responsible for making editorial decisions, assisting with the daily rundown, and gathering story elements to enhance news stories in a breaking news environment. View and select the strongest and most accurate video elements (packages, sound-bites, B-roll, etc.) for a newscast.
• Produce and edit compelling content, including writing scripts, editing video, and building graphics for one of CNN’s top-rated daytime news programs
• Pitch and execute stories that meet the show’s mission and make air
• Communicate show needs with writers, producers, and assignment desk
• Enhanced CNN’s social media presence by maintaining social media accounts
• Highlight CNN’s strongest TV content by regularly using CNN.com’s content management system to update the top-ranked site
• Assisted in the production of major CNN initiatives including “From Lincoln to Obama” and !“Best of 2010” Special
Editorial Assistant, CNNUS – 1/2008-4/2008
Provided production support for live & taped programming that appears on CNN Newsroom. Assisted supervisors, show teams and anchors with research, video/graphics and supplies.
• Helped with news gathering for breaking news such as Super Tuesday 2008 and the NIU Shooting
• Interviewed i-Reporters and approved iReport submissions
• Ordered video and built graphics under deadline
• Regularly updated the CNN Editorial website
Video Journalist, CNN Media Operations (Image & Sound) — 7/2007-1/2008
Served as a liaison between the control room and the on-air anchors by floor directing, distributing scripts and tele-prompting in a high pressure, breaking news environment.
• Exhibited leadership abilities by managing and floor directing various shows at CNN/U.S., CNN International and HLNTV
• Showed multitasking capabilities by training in various positions
Student Journalist, CNN Special Investigations Unit — 4/2007
Worked with Soledad O’Brien and her team of producers on a news special on the Virginia Tech Tragedy. Massacre at Virginia Tech was an account of the rampage at Virginia Tech that claimed the lives of 32 people, plus the gunman.
• Assisted, researched and located students for interviews
• Liaison between CNN and Virginia Tech
• National Association of Black Journalists
• Atlanta Association of Black Journalists
• Turner Women Today
• Black Professionals at Turner
VIRGINIA TECH, Blacksburg, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Cum Laude, 2007
EMORY, Atlanta, GA
Web Design and Development Certificate Program, 2/2013-current